2.26.2010

Haute Tension







Numero Magdalena from Greg Kadel Studios on Vimeo.

I know fashion week is on full-throttle force right now, but I really wanted to do this post before I began musing on the Milan and Paris collections. Haute Tension is the title for this editorial shot by renowned photographer Greg Kadel, styled by Brian Molloy and featuring one my favs on the catwalk Magdalena Frackowiak for the March issue of Numero. I was never fond of reading this magazine since my local Barnes and Noble does not carry that type, but I wished it did. I been familiar with it's editorials popping on different blogs, but I have never seen them on print. This story for instance has a very strong attitude, it has a bit of a Helmut Newton vibe with a Rodarte/Givenchy type of ferocious women. Hence the black and white striped jacket from the S/S 2010 collection. There are so many things to note about this strong editorial, one being the model and her poses, she looks in touch with the ambience and sure of herself, very confident yet feminine. I love the fact that the pictures are in black and white thus emphasizing the attitude of this editorial. 

The video clip above features tidbits of behind the scenes of this editorial, so hot. I wished photographers (or their assistants) would attempt to do these type of videos more often. If you're like me, I like to know everything, every detail, from how the model's performance is to how the photos are coming along. It's very crucial for a magazine to print the right pictures for its readers, therefore attention for details is primordial.




The cover of the March issue of Numero #111 features Edita Vilkeviciute shot by Solve Sundsbo. In my opinion this is not the best cover shot feasible, it just looks so blah, but they managed to score some fashion points. This little number from the Dior S/S 2010 collection does capture one of the biggest trends for next season, underwear as outerwear. The girl looks sexy enough, but I'm afraid to say it's missing that extra "uff" that's going to make me dash to the nearest magazine stand and fight for one issue. Other than that, it looks pretty ok.


Pictures: fashiongonerogue.com

3 comments:

keon said...

LOVE THE A.WANG HEELS..
P.S CHECK OUT THE NEW POSTS ON MY BLOG...

Krislyn said...

yep, i'm a huge proponent for underwear as outerwear. i'm definitely looking for the perfect pieces to get that look together! suggestions? ;)

Unknown said...

I love this editorial!! So chic :)