10.12.2010

Define Yourself


i-D Magazine message for the Fall 2010 issue is as follows, "A time to think differently. Rock the boat and break the rules. Put two fingers up at convention, wear your laughter lines like battle scars, and remember grey hair rocks! Because life's not worth a damn, until you can truly say "I am what I am". This is one of the reasons i-D is one of the most prominent publications in the industry. I love how each issue is honed after an idea, or a message, such as this one. And the whole issue, from the art direction, to the fashion and articles are shaped to meet the criteria. This is one example of what I call Fashion With Substance

The 6 released covers were shot by Emma Summerton and duo Danielle Duella and Iango Henzi. And styled by the nerdiest gayest fashion stylist, Edward Enninful. The two covers above caught my attention, they speak volumes to me. The one on the left features Ethiopian model and philanthropist Liya Kebede donning an electrified do, slightly biting one of her finger, giving you that look of "man-eater" but less Playboy more high fashion. On the right cover there is girl of the moment Joan Smalls (I will talk about her in a future post) grabbing her head and exposing her breast. Though they both are topless, you don't get a sense of vulgarity, instead it makes you deepen your reasoning behind the photo. That's probably because the coverlines read, "make a stand" and "break the rules" on each cover respectively. Food For The Brain.

Now to finish off this post, by pure casualty, I found these pictures of one of the most demanded faces in the industry, male model Rob Evans. You might have seen his picture here when he walked for Givenchy back in June. A star was born. I mean, just his face alone is flawless, and don't even get me started on that physique. Well, here he is in the 2010 Fall issue of i-D shot by Bruno Staub wearing Dolce & Gabbana for this season, Major!. The issue is on newsstands now, go get yourself copy, or I'm calling Joan Rivers. 

1 comment:

Nadine2point0 said...

Yah, he's pretty stunning.