10.13.2010

New Home


The past couple of weeks have been a bit radical. Finding a place in Washington D.C. moving (which was a pain in the ass) then trying to settle in (which I'm still dealing with). It has been about a week since I moved and things are moving slightly more smoothly. I'm working for two mags, I can't reveal too much, but I will when the time is right. I also been attending some events and whatnot, networking, partying and just living life with no regrets. The picture above was taken at the House of KAS located at the National Harbor for the pre-judging of Project Fundway, a contest for aspiring fashion designers in Virginia, Maryland and D.C. conceived by the lovely Maggy Francois, my surrogate fashion mother. The kids submitted a garment and the judges visually dissected, critiqued and examined them (It was sort of like a water-down version of Project Runway. For a moment I felt as if I was the black son of Nina Garcia and Michael Kors). The 3 finalist would be selected and proceed to create 4 looks for the actual event. The winner would get a big juicy fat check. I will fill you in more as the event approaches. Also, one of my good friends and the dopest graphic designer in the area Nick Fulcher came with me for pictures. The small, yet intimate event was fun, met some cool folks, and hopefully I will see them in the future. 

5 comments:

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

marry me jimmy! Youre so handsome!

Jimmy De La Cruz said...

That was a bold move lol. I usually date first before I take the next step.

Karoline Kalvø said...

Love this and your whole blog so much. Just so much inspiration.

Karoline @ SECONDHAND NEWS

Jimmy De La Cruz said...

Thanks so much for those words, I just followed yours.

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

Ok lets start dating then.