8.13.2009

Lady Gaga For Out Magazine

The super gay magazine Out is featuring one of the most talked about pop artist in the industry, Lady Gaga, in their 2009 September issue. The cover, which I love, features Gaga as she came to the world, butt naked, but revealing nothing. The smeared make-up insinuates the fact that she just finish sucking the blood out of one of her boy-toy lovers. I think that aggressive foreplay can be projected as something so sexual and commercial that can potentially turn on quite a few readers, especially when it comes to a celebrity.
The cover shot and spread was shot by Ellen Von Unwerth and styled by one of my favorite editors/stylist Nicola Formichetti. I'm not familiar with the photographer, but I love Formichetti's work. I had the opportunity to admire his work on the pages of Dazed and Confused, V Magazine and Vogue Homme Japan, his esthetic and vision is truly unmatched, I love how he mixes different elements in order to bring out such great imagery.
Unexpectedly enough, Gaga looks darn good in this Dracula inspired looks. I think her inner freak comes out when she channels that character (well actually her inner freak comes out in whatever she wear), but this spread is so gothically sexy, and that's coming from me.
Pixs:out.com

No comments: