3.26.2009

Amore Couture Preview

On May 16, 2009, The West Potomac fashion design department (Project Stitch Studio) will be showcasing their creations for the world to witness. Fortunately, I'm part of Project Stitch Studio and I truly feel lucky to be part of such group. My notion of fashion has quite changed after I been in this class for almost two years, it's just not about glamourous models walking down the runway and sitting front row (which I can do everyday), but it's also about the business, production, hard work and dedication. I been blessed enough to be part of high profile fashion shows such as Fashion Fights Poverty for example, which is a great charitable organization.
It has been hard work since the beginning to pull a collection together, from putting a mood/inspiration board together, finding the fabric, and constructing the clothes. It's definitely not as easy as I thought, it almost feels like I'm going to my 9 to 5 everyday, but we always have a blast in class, so that alleviates the tension and stress. Here I have a sneak peek of what's to come later on, enjoy...
model : Ashley Lawrence
styled by Ms Francois
shot by me!

No comments: