3.26.2009

Style Review: Project Stitch Studio

In the middle of Virginia, USA, a group of promising young talents go to a fashion design class directed by a nice lovely young lady called Maggy Francois (a.k.a Ms. Francois, Hello I'm Talking!!!). Our class is composed by many different kids, coming from near by schools around the area. There, we learn to sketch, make patterns, sew, and anything needed to succeed and make it in the cut-throat fashion industry, since it's a fashion class, the students supposed to be fashion-conscious and know what's hot!. Recently I brought my camera to do a photoshoot with Ashley Lawrence wearing few of the pieces that I created for our up and coming annual fashion show, so then I got my Sartorialist swag on and started asking people to pose for me, so I shot them in their getups, here the pixs...
I think Zahra is the one who takes most risks out of all of us when dressing, her style reflects her lifestyle and most likely her taste for music. I feel it's rock/biker chic with an edge. I liked her whole look right here, she's wearing a white polka dot top, purple jeans, black boots, embellished belt and neon zebra print bag.
Gurrrlllll! Tiffany, the most innocent girl in class, she likes to mix and match her clothes. I always say that black people always (most of the time) look good in white, it just goes well with our color skin, there is no question about that. Tiffany is rocking her stunnas shades, cropped white blazer, red top, wide leg jeans and flats.
Ruby is one of the best dressed girls at any school. I like her whole look, her style is always on point. I feel it has a balance between simple and somewhat edgy at the same time. Ruby is wearing a floral printed top, a black cardigan, jeans and metallic flats.
Maleana, the undiscovered top model always looks good, because one she has the height and two because she has great taste. She definitely has an retro 80's vibe, which works for her well enough. Maleana is wearing an oversize grey cardigan, volcom tee, pink skinnies and silver flats.
Maleana's bff, Janae stays sexy, her style kind of resembles her bff, a retro/modern approach to fashion. She's wearing a short black jacket, pink top, grey skinnies and pink all-stars.
Ashley is everywhere, she's eclectic, modern, funky, and always chic. She's wearing a dark high-tech jacket, jeans and black uggs.
I like the fact that everybody has a different take on fashion and they bring something different to the table, isn't that what fashion is?. At the end of the day, people, by nature, put on what they feel and what they think looks best, that diversity is what truly makes the fashion industry so interesting, at least to me... For more info on us visit, projectstitchstudio.com

No comments: