4.18.2009

I Want Lanvin


Lanvin Spring/Summer 2009, Paris

I wanted to post this shoes a while ago, but for time issues I couldn't, but now it's time. When I first spotted these sneakers on the Lanvin S/S 2009 show, I was way too curious of what these shoes may look like up-close and what was going to be the retail price, (even thought I wasn't probably going to buy them). However, it's almost enough to look at them and admire the talent from the design team at Lanvin, especially Lucas Ossendrijver, creative director of Lanvin Men. First of all, I don't know about you, but I never seen pearls attached to sneakers, even green pearls at that. The colour palette is pretty interesting; green, silver and white, it's not something I'll put together, but I like the overall effect that the shoe evokes. The design is quite familiar, it looks kind of similar to their footwear collection from their F/W 2007, which I love, but this time, they manipulated it, and tweak some elements so it looks very Lanvin, but not really. I like the fact that the pearls are not completely covering the shoe, then it would look too overdone and over the top, but the fact that they are carefully place on the side, makes the shoe look very expensive, sophisticated and wearable. The laces do look sort of fake, but you can always switch the laces with other pair of kicks you already own. 
If you like the design, then you are more than welcome to check out the price point. The shoe is currently being sold at selected Lanvin boutiques and colette.fr for just $1,005.47.

No comments: