4.04.2009

Street Snap

I'm always keeping my eyes open on what's hot in fashion and staying alert on what are people wearing. To me, it's interesting to analyze what people think looks good, what works and what doesn't. Some say, even though it may sound cliche, they dressed according to how they feel (I include myself in that group), where they are heading, social status and the least fashionable excuse, weather. I admire people who dare and play with fashion, and still look like a million bucks, instead of playing it safe and plain all the time, which I have no problem with (hint: CK). Like I mentioned before, Japan is a huge fashion epicenter (not as big as Paris, though) occupied by a dominating force: streetwear. The combination of high and low fashion mixed with your own eclectic twist, love it. I like this aura that these people give when it comes to fashion, the message that there are no rules and that "anything goes as long as you make it your own". I recently found fashionsnap.com, where they feature streetwear looks of random people on different places around town, you should definitely check it out, two of my favorites below...
From my standpoint, he looks very well put-together, I'm glad it's not too "matchy-matchy"; the black, pink and purple worked nicely without being too overwhelming...(peep the shades).
Digging the layering
Nike Air Flight
Hood! by Taz Arnold
I'm really like the zip-up, because it's universal, you can dress it up or dress it down, I'm a bit confused with the pants/shorts, they looked like they are drawstring pants, or leggings with shorts???, I'm not sure, but I like it anyways. I think this looks is styled correctly, and he added his own spin into it with the cap, aviators and scarf, (It's not really what he's wearing that I like but is how he's wearing it).
The cap sitting sideways and the aviator's leg sitting on the cap, makes it look very fresh.
Love the colors on the scarf, look like they are Gucci, regardless, it adds a nice touch to the whole fit.
The look would not probably worked with a duffle bag, but the backpack works for me.

No comments: